Friday, June 22, 2012

Soon... soon!

  Somebody poked me in the wee hours of the morning and I struggled to open my eyes. I managed to squint it open a little and saw Dad staring at me, a mysterious and somewhat rather mischievous look on his face.

   "Which is more important to you now, an oven or an electric mixer?"


   "What...?" I rasped, barely managing to get my voice out. 


   "I think an oven is much more important, don't you think? Your Mum said she doesn't bake anymore these days, so you can borrow her mixer for now and get one later."


   I struggled to open my eyes a little wider but didn't quite manage.


   "There's a pretty good oven at the store, it's large and costs around RM300. I'll get one for you, shall I? That way you don't have to come home every weekend in order to bake some order for your friends. Keep this a secret from Mum though, for now." He winked at me, patted my head and left.

   And that's how I came to have my very own oven. It's 1 week old and I haven't had the chance to use it yet.

   Aren't Dads simply wonderful?

   p.s. Little Brothers, Little Sister and Big Sister, if you're reading this remember it's a secret from Mum. At least for now. Gulp. I feel guilty.

4 comments:

  1. ohhhh an oven =D Maybe now I will see more baking posts! can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks for the encouragement! I haven't had the chance to use it yet, hopefully I will soon :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. My Daddy memang sweet hehe, dia jugak suka makan benda2 sweet. Awak pun sweet ajida, I miss you...

      Delete

I love comments! They give me a lot of encouragement to do more baking (though of course I'd still bake even without comments). Please leave a link if you visit my page so that I can return the visit. Thank you!