Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Oreo Mousse-Cheesecake

Just to prove to the world that I am still alive, well and kicking Alhamdulillah.

















I'm afraid Little Not So Little Sister took off somewhere with my camera, but thankfully I managed to acquire a decent phone with a decent camera (after conveniently but accidentally all the same leaving my nearing-ancient mobile phone on the bus). I was attempting to make an Oreo Cheesecake, but as usual I was feeling smart and ended up bungling the ingredients. I meant to double the ingredients for the cheese part so that it would turn out cheesier but... oh well. It turned out okay though. The texture was interesting- more mousse-y than any cheesecake I've made.

The recipe came from this book Little Not So Little Sister gave me as a birthday present:


















In Love With Cakes by Alan Chooi. I love how cute recipe books are nowadays. Since my brothers and sisters have been hankering after an Oreo Cheesecake for a long time, I decided to go with the flow and make one. I'm not a huge fan of Oreos, but they tasted quite lovely in the cake.

Since I managed to make quite a mess with the recipe, I won't share it this time.

Awkward pause.

I see I have a lot to catch up with in the blogging world. 

2 comments:

  1. please2 share the recipe,manyam!i love oreo ice-cream and im interested in making an oreo cheesecake.maybe?hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe well okay la, esok I'll update my blog. Tonight so sleepy oledy maa... I have to get some sleep. Tapi best kek ni kak azie... sangat sedap! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They give me a lot of encouragement to do more baking (though of course I'd still bake even without comments). Please leave a link if you visit my page so that I can return the visit. Thank you!