Sunday, July 24, 2011

For Aiman With Love... Martha's Double Chocolate Brownies

   This is all that was left when I had the chance to take a photo.



   One again I lament the fact that I never bought that digital camera that I'd wanted for so long. What can I say? Money just wont stay with me. I'm not a crazy shopper, so I have no idea where it all goes. I'll have to fix that phone of mine and then make do with the photos that it can take. If the light is good, my old Sony Ericsson phone is not too bad, but Dad's phone... huhu. At least it can take photos, I guess.


   I went crazy and baked three things in one day. Aiman was going back to Terengganu the day after, so I wanted to (take the chance to) make her something to take back. She wanted Martha's Double Chocolate Brownies which I made last year, I think, which she remembers fondly as having been very moist which she likes.


   So I Googled the recipe (when I made them last, I referred to Martha's book, which I loved but has now returned to its rightful place at the Kelantan Public Library) and made them.


   Let me say that they were the best brownies I ever baked! They were just nicely done, without being over or underbaked (which happens a lot to most things I make), and oh so chocolaty. I wish I hadn't reduced the sugar but they were still good. 


   I hope my little sister (who is actually a lot taller - and bigger, hehe- than me) enjoyed them!


**********************************************
Martha's Double Chocolate Brownies
taken and adapted from Martha Stewart
[Click here to see original recipe]


Ingredients
1/2 cup margarine or butter
6 ounces dark chocolate
1 cup castor sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup plus 2tbsp all purpose flour, sifted

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180C.

2. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with baking paper.

3. Melt margarine (or butter) and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir until smooth.

4. Remove from heat and add in sugar, whisking until combined.

5. Whisk in eggs, one by one. 
Allow the mixture to cool a little before doing this or you'll have bits of cooked egg white swimming around your batter. Not good.

6. Fold in flour and mix until just combined.

7. Pour batter into pan.

8. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. Check using a toothpick, if it comes with with some crumbs it's done.

9. Cool before cutting into squares.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They give me a lot of encouragement to do more baking (though of course I'd still bake even without comments). Please leave a link if you visit my page so that I can return the visit. Thank you!