Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chocolate Marvel Pie

   Arrrggghh!!!!

   I already posted this recipe and accidentally deleted it! Both this and the post on the first Chocolate Pie I made! Allow me to scream again!

   Oh well. I'll just re-post the recipe for Chocolate Marvel Pie, but no lengthy descriptions about my blunders this time (fuming).

   Anyway, this was my first successful attempt at a good pie crust, and the filling was very good too! Dad has requested that I make it again! Kakyong and Iman will also definitely love this too, the filling has a mousse-like texture that's really delicious.

   No photos though; there was an incident but I'm too lazy to re-describe it. Huh.


CHOCOLATE MARVEL PIE   
Source: Betty Crocker's Pie and Pastry Cookbook

9-inch Baked Pie Shell
6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp milk
4 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cream of tartar

Bake pie shell.

In saucepan, heat chocolate pieces, sugar and milk over low heat, stirring until chocolate is all melted. Cool. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.

Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. Fold in chocolate mixture. Pour into baked pie shell. 

Refrigerate several hours or overnight. (which I did for 8 hours)

If desired, garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with diced almonds.

Serve and enjoy!

Note to Kakyong: Be sure to ask me about The Incident Involving a Slice of Pie and a Container of Rice. Hehe.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe. It is one that my mom has made for years, but I don't have it so to be able to find it on line is a real plus. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I haven't made this pie for ages. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this recipe. It is one that my mom has made for years, but I don't have it so to be able to find it on line is a real plus. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They give me a lot of encouragement to do more baking (though of course I'd still bake even without comments). Please leave a link if you visit my page so that I can return the visit. Thank you!